Tuesday, May 8, 2007

The Two Jennys

I'm starting to get the hang of this blogging thing. At first, I had to ask my wife "What now?" (I had expected the world to come to my doorstep). She reminded me that no one knew that I existed, which I took some exception to.

So, the next thing I had to do was go out to other blogs, read them and add a comment to their websites. Easier said than done for a picky bastard like myself. I found myself on Google's Blog Search looking for people with similar interests, mainly movies (my personal obsession). It took me hours before I stumbled upon a young lady named Jenny from Texas. My wife was born in Texas, so I took it as a good sign. Jenny likes to review the movies that she watches and she watches a lot of movies. Her reviews are down-to-earth opinions, not the holier-than-thou thesis papers like some websites.

I left my favorable views on her blog and decided to look around some more. I couldn't seem to find anything that struck me (except my wife, striking me to get me off the computer).

The next day I decided that I wanted to check to see if there was a response at Jenny's site. I had forgotten to bookmark the web address so it took me another half hour or so to locate it. Or so I thought. As it turned out there was another Jenny who had the same pink template. Her blog was quite funny. She gives quirky views on life and opinionated views on movies. She's a nanny who lives in Los Angeles and is writing a screenplay. My wife was a nanny and has a BAA in Filmmaking. Heaven's above, another sign.

Alright! This is where it starts; with Two Jennys ... and now an Annette (Welcome! Welcome!) So ,now, finally will the world come to my doorstep? ;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the welcome! That's neat about the two Jennys.

Kelly Boyce said...

Nice doorstep!

Anonymous said...

The flip side of expecting the world coming to your doorstep is going out there and doing things just so you can write about it!

Thanks for stopping by Ink in My Coffee -- hope to see you there again!

Devon Ellington
Ink in My Coffee
http://devonellington.wordpress.com

Brad S. said...

Thank you for dropping by Kelly and Devon. And don't worry, Devon, I fully intend to visit as many sites as I can. I've taken my first baby steps and I kinda like this "walking" thing.

Anonymous said...

Wow, thanks! I'll be reading your blogs more often. :)